The Rugby Football Union (RFU) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring a secure online experience. In general, you can view this site and all the latest news and results without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Sometimes, however, the RFU needs to monitor website usage to help it to develop the website and our services.
Collection of Personal Information
The RFU offers certain functions and services which, if you choose to use them, will require information from you in order to work, such as your name, email, address and mobile telephone number. The RFU will endeavour to let you know before your personal information is collected from you on the internet.
We use personal information for five primary purposes:
- To perform the services you have requested (such as administering your subscription to a free online service or processing orders from the Rugby Store)
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than onceTo help you find what you're looking for quickly
- To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you
- To alert you to new services, special offers, and other info, unless you have indicated otherwise
The RFU is very much aware that some people will not want their information used other than for the purposes for which it was supplied; some will want to receive information from the RFU on rugby issues only and others will want to receive more information.
The RFU will use your personal data for the administration of the game, but will give you the choice as to what information if any you wish to receive by email.
In connection with commercial information, the categories have been divided into three groups, namely:
- Products and commercial services available from the RFU, its companies and RFU subsidiaries - these include Twickenham Experience Limited, England Rugby Travel Limited, Rugby Store and other RFU entities
- Products and services available from RFU official sponsors - these sponsors will be listed on the RFU website and, regularly, in Touchline
- Products and services available from RFU official sponsors’ subsidiary or associate companies - the RFU will not be able to list these entities
The RFU has decided that for the first two categories you should be able to ‘Opt Out’ of receiving the information, but that for the third category you will only receive it if you ‘Opt In’.
The RFU will not use (or pass to any third party) contact data on children under the age of 14 for any commercial mailing purposes.